May 1, 2013:
BLOTTED SCIENCE on vinyl!
I am happy to announce that an agreement has been struck with Florida-based Antithetic Records for the first time ever release of both BLOTTED SCIENCE records on vinyl! "The Machinations of Dementia" will be issued as a limited edition gatefold double LP, with 100 copies on clear with yellow & green splatter vinyl, 150 copies on bone & blood swirl vinyl, and the remaining 250 copies in black. "The Animation of Entomology" will come as a single LP, including a full color two-sided insert, with 100 copies on blood red vinyl, 150 copies on yellow with black splatter vinyl, and 250 copies in black.
Pre-orders for both titles can now be placed via the Antithetic Records website at antitheticrecords.com/.
Official street date is May 21!
November 1, 2012:
1. I've been wanting to get into the app world ever since I picked up my first iPhone 3Gs in '09, but I didn't know how I could fit into this world. Well, I finally figured out that I could use the iPhone/iPad as an outlet to release songs! After this wacky light bulb moment, I tried for the first few months to do the programming on my own, but soon realized that I needed to find an experienced skilled programmer who could take my vision and make it a reality. I found a rocket scientist iOS programmer online by the name of Oleg Kolokolov, and after many tweaks, twists and turns we came up with a very cool interactive multitracking app. The app is titled 'Ron Jarzombek - Beyond Life And Cosmic Kinetics'. It is a 6 track multitrack audio player that features a volume control for each track, and on each track is a push button switch that alternates between two parts/instruments that are playing simultaneously. The user has the ability to mix and match all recorded parts. This isn't just a matter of listening to a released song, it's direct interaction!
BTW, I may have this song(s) up on iTunes at a later time in some form(s), but as for now, it's iOS devices only. The main reason I can't really put it up for download as a "song" is because the musical piece was written to have interacting parts, which are chosen by the user.
Here's a rather in-depth tutorial...
2. After the release of Blotted Science's 'The Animation Of Entomology' EP I was working very steadily on the accompanying instructional DVD, but as usual got sidetracked... although this time by the "wild hare" that I got to create the app. However, I'm back working on the DVD, and just as before no release date will be given because chances are I won't make it! On the DVD, I will play all guitars parts, and explain all of the musical theory involved in the making of the 'Animation' EP. Since I will be taking apart everything, it will appropriately be called ‘Dissecting Bugs’.
3. Many thanks to the fans who picked up a copy of 'Blotted Science - The Animation Of Entomology'. Thanks also to the reviewers who got the word out and gave the recording such high marks. All is sincerely appreciated. As a result of the success of the EP, sales of 'The Machinations Of Dementia' CD also picked up. I wanted to give CDBaby (especially Pony) some thanks for the great job that they are doing distributing the CD/EP. As most of you know physical CD sales are not what they used to be, and distributors are going down one by one. CDBaby shows no signs of slowing down.
Speaking of Blotted Science... Alex, Hannes and I had a 2 hour Skype call several Sundays ago about the future of Blotted Science and chances are there will be a 3rd CD. However, a few things have to fall into place. I've just become tired of self-releasing CDs and need to take a different route. Over 10 years of self-releasing CDs, and I'm ready for something else. Look into that however you want...
4. Spastic Ink just recently reissued 'Ink Complete' as a digipak, and have matching T-shirts. Both can be found at indiemerch. You can also pick up the CD at ronjarzombek.com.
5. I guess I'll go into a WatchTower update... As most of you know, WatchTower has not been an "active" band for quite a while now. The only semblance of existence is when we play a European festival every few/several years. The possibility of 'Mathematics' ever seeing the light of day is growing very dim. Over the past nearly two years, there has been no progress in the recording of a possible 3rd album. We had been working with a Swedish vocalist on and off for about a year and a half. He recorded a few vocal sections on a song or two, and that was the end of it. We haven't heard from him in a while. Oh well... I also just recently just sent out a song to another vocalist to track to, we'll see if anything happens. Again, don't hold your breath, or you'll die...
6. My Rush tribute band Exit Stage Left is at it again. We just added 'Big Money', 'Camera Eye', and hopefully soon will be 'Farewell To Kings' and a few other favorites. If you're in the San Antonio area look us up.
7. About my sites, if anyone wants to get a hold of me for anything, do not send anything to facebook. My email is email@example.com. I check my email a few times a day, and go to the facebook email maybe once every week or two. I hate the setup of Facebook and don’t care to deal with it. If you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I don’t get back to you within a few days, it’s probably because I’m working on a few things…
That's about it...